Monday, December 10, 2007

This is All the Decoration I Need


Some dude named Johnny Walker* decided that the best way for me to celebrate Christmas would be to buy the Scotch that bears his name and give it to my friends, complete with the above "complimentary gift tag" to put around the neck of the bottle. Three times apparently, as that's how many they actually saw fit to give me.

I guess I should feel flattered that someone out there thinks I could even afford a bottle of Johnny Walker, but sadly I can't afford one, let alone three. And most of my friends are beer drinkers anyway. And it seems kind of pretentious to think that just because you send someone a gift tag for your product they will feel the need to go out and buy it. Maybe if they'd have sent something useful, like, I dunno, a
gift certificate then I would be inclined to check out some Johnny Walker. Alas, they made their mistake in thinking I had more means.

*and I know Johnny Walker is a brand, people.

No comments: