Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fogged Out

Last night, coming in from a viewing of Beowulf 3D (save your money if it's not in 3D) there was a blanket of fog covering L.A. (nature's way of promoting The Mist?). Driving through it, I freaked out because I hadn't watched my local news before leaving the house. Though once I got home and turned on my DVR to finish watching "Chuck", I was relieved by those 10 o'clock previews where the weather man warns of the incoming fog in a dire voice, as if he's trying to promote The Mist.

This morning the fog is still here, which might take away some of the thunder of the big WGA rally today on Hollywood Blvd. It was one of those mornings where, since you don't have to be at work anyway, you forgo the alarm and sleep in. I have no idea how long this fog will be here, probably once The Mist comes out it'll see no reason to further promote the film it's staring in and carry on. Though I hope it doesn't put too much of a damper on what will already be a scrappy Thanksgiving.

No comments: