Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Cool Down

So last night brought a reprieve from the near sweltering heat Los Angeles had been suffering from. I left my friend's apartment building expecting to be smacked in the face with heat and instead I was greeted with a cool breeze, which continued through the night.

It was much appreciated, as I could actually sleep past 8 a.m. this morning, whereas before it would have been too hot to try and catch a bit more shuteye and no one likes to sleep in their own sweat. For many nights I'd been creating a wet spot and not the fun kind.

The news tells me that the worst of the heatwave is over, and I'd like to think that the weather actually read my blog and realized it was being unreasonable, seeing as it is now September and August is now long gone. There were some unfortunate losses from the heat wave, thus far a total of 15 people have died, most of them elderly and every morning I listened to the radio DJ reminding people not to leave any living thing locked in a hot car. You'd think people would have known that by now already, but I guess stupid can be slow on the uptake.

No comments: