Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Shoutout to the DMV

"Really?" you must be thinking, "the DMV?" Why yes, I want to give a shout out and much praise to my local DMV which just helped me tremendously in my time of need.

I had to get a(nother) temp tag for my old and ailing car in order to keep me mobile and I got in and out with not one single problem and the woman who helped me was very understanding and didn't even freakin' charge me. That's right, she helped me for FREE. Of course I am singing her, and the DMV's praises right now.

I know, DMV's are usually shitty places of pure Evil but methinks I lucked up. When I asked the woman what I owed her she said "lunch". And I was far too giddy to ask if she wanted me to fetch her something right then and there so I just smiled like an igit and skipped merrily out the door. So, if I were to take this woman some form of lunch 1) what could I get that's not insulting and 2) would that seem like bribery, or that we had some sort of arrangement. She very well could have been joking for all I know but I feel the need to thank her in a substantial way. That, or pay the compliment forward, like that shitty Kevin Spacey movie.

So, my three readers, what would you do in this situation? Pay it back? (and how?) Or pay it forward?

1 comment:

Kelley said...

First time reader - long time admirer here - and I'd say you can't go wrong with either paying it back or paying it forward. You win just by being the sort of person who pays it at all. :-)