Monday, June 25, 2007

A Note on Self Doubt

Usually when I write I feel good about my abilities. And then I go back and take a look at it and start to worry it's not as good as I think it was. And then I start to worry that I'm not any good at all. I can be a cocky bitch, but I can also be my worst critic. Then again, isn't that how it is for artistic people? I'm writing a pilot that I hope will be my salvation in the writing world, as something that I can actually sell this fall. I know I'm way out of my league and probably skipping more steps than need be skipped but my writing is what gets me up in the morning. It's what gets me through the day, now that I don't have a real job to speak of. It makes me happy is what I'm saying although I fear the material might not be as good on paper as it is in my head.

I will have to figure out a way to counter act this...

No comments: