Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Auto Erotic

You you don't already know me then something to learn about me is that I love Lamborghinis (Lamborghiny?). Absolutely. Frakking. LOVE them. I fell in love with the car when I was young and my brother had two car books: One of Porsche and one of Lamborghini. I guess I naturally gravitated toward the body design of the Lamborghini. There was also this movie called Speed Zone, a sequel to The Cannonball Run, where one of the main characters drives a red Lamborghini (he didn't win) and that probably had something to do with it (actually, it had a lot to do with it).

Since I've been in L.A. I've seen only a few of my favorite cars out in the open. And it never gets old. It's still exciting every time. Tonight, coming from the gym, I saw a Lamborghini pulling into the parking structure. It was an ugly, burnt orange color, which seems to be all the rage now, and it didn't have a spoiler but I still found myself turning my head almost 180 degrees. Had it really wanted to win my affection it would have had a spoiler and been black, or silver, or yellow or some combination thereof. But it was still sweet. And I wouldn't kick it out of my garage.

No comments: