Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Performance Anxiety

I've been working at my new job for a total of seven days and I love it. It's great work with a great group of people. However, my ambition is rearing it's ugly head and while I am no longer the absolute last totem on the pole, I'm still pretty far down there. I want to move up dang it. And do it quickly.

I know I know: Good things come, etc. etc. And there's pretty much nothing I can do in regards to getting that promotion, aside from what I'm already doing. I want to be awesome so that they'll promote me but I'm falling short of my own expectations. And that in turn is causing me stress. I really had no stress at my last job. None whatsoever, then again, I didn't really have that much responsibility. Here, not only do I have responsibility to my bosses but I have it to myself in order to get that promotion.

Perhaps I'll calm down in time and whatever will come my way will come my way naturally. We'll see. But until then I'll have to learn to stop fretting over every little thing and the constant wondering if I'm doing a good job.

No comments: