Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Black Sheep

If you recall, this gem was one of the reasons I reactivated my Netflix account, because I just couldn't go another day without seeing for myself exactly what "weresheep" (think "werewolf" only they go "baa") were.

Well, as it turns out, I could.

I watched this and my god, I don't remember yelling "WTF" so many time through a movie. This even beat Spider-Man 3 for my whiskey tango foxtrot outbursts. There were some decent special effects, but man, those Kiwis are either imaginative beyond our capabilities or they need to lay off whatever it is that makes them come up with crap like this.

While I did watch the film, the only thing my brain can allow me to comprehend is that sheep who were experimented on go bad (when don't they) are eating people. One vegan hippie gets separated from his extreme vegan hippie girlfriend and gets himself bit by one of these weresheep and turns into a weresheep himself (when don't they). All hell breaks loose when a few other experimental sheep get loose in this quite little village (when doesn't hell break loose in one of these films, really now) and sheep start eating motherfuckers.

This sounds funny. It should have been funny. Sadly, it was only funny in spurts.

Naturally, as it happens in films like these, all hell breaks loose during a mass gathering, this time a company presentation by head Evil Scientist Guy, who should have known better than to fuck with Mother Nature but what can you expect from Evil Scientist Guys? If they have to fuck with something might as well be Mother Nature, consequences to humanity be damned.

While I don't feel like I wasted an hour and a half out of my life, I wouldn't mind if the filmmakers offered me a refund of my time and mental effort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were excited about the Chris Farley-David Spade masterpiece.