Saturday, March 22, 2008

To Sarah, Re: Point Break Live

It seems one commenter I never knew I had has taken issue with my post on Point Break Live! Here's what "sarah" had to say:

Sorry, I'm absolutely fed up with the Keanu-bashing bullshit.


Kudos to you for seeing a joke in this, but all I see is Keanu struggling for the past 25 years working hard to be taken even a little bit seriously, while everyone else only concentrates on his less-than-great roles.
I don't want to be adding any more roadblocks in his path by seeing this.


Um, sarah, I hope this is a joke, but in case it isn't, allow me to retort:

"Roadblocks in his path?" Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Jesus, Mary and Joseph, it's a SPOOF. It's a SPOOF of a film that's seventeen years old, and quite frankly was begging for satire.
Not only that, but Keanu isn't the only one being spoofed, EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN THE FILM IS AS WELL, from the director, to the cast, right down to the writer. This play won't have ANY affect on Keanu Reeves career. He makes between 10-15 million a picture now with one coming out in a few weeks, trust me, he's being taken seriously.

Kathryn Bigelow, the woman most responsible for the film, and one, if you recall, has an actress playing her, has even seen the play and she LOVED it. I don't know if Keanu has seen it but I doubt his feelings would be hurt.

I never bashed Keanu Reeves, sarah, and no one in the play bashes Keanu Reeves, they're poking fun at a CHARACTER who's name is JOHNNY FUCKING UTAH, who works for the FBI and has to SURF in order to catch criminals who dress up as the presidents of the United States and rob banks. So please, do us all a favor and calm the fuck down.

No comments: