Monday, August 27, 2007

Fun at the DMV

I had an appointment at the DMV this morning and I am surprised to say it went well. Los Angeles is notorious for having horrible, hell inducing DMVs but the one local to me was, dare I say, almost pleasant.

I don't know how it could have actually been pleasant fore I believe that no matter what they have to make it drap, least people have too much fun at the DMV and want to go there all the time. As it stands now, no one really likes a trip to the DMV and will try to avoid it at all costs, like I was doing.

But my trepidations were for naught. I made an appointment online for 9 a.m. went in early to fill out the paper work and got out by 9:11 exactly. And I got what I'd come for: A 60 day temporary car tag while I try and repair my car to bring it up to CA smog standards.

If it turns out I can't, then at least I will have my car long enough (well, legal long enough) to continue to drive to work, since the show's production ends the first week of October and I'll have till the end of the month to continue driving. After that I will either have to get a new car or return to Public Transportation. *sigh*

We shall see what becomes of that and I will hope for the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By the way, you didn't win the bike.