Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Will Get This Job Today

Remember American Beauty? Remember that scene where Annette Benning was getting ready to try and unload her house and she was cleaning like crazy repeating, "I will sell this house today,"? Yeah. That's me.

I had my phone interview today and it went so well they're asking me to come in to the office tomorrow for the formal meeting, dress to be "business casual."

While I'm worried about taking a job while the strike could be "ending" at any moment, I realize that if there's still a pilot season (and that's a BIG if) then I'll *might* have at least until May to leave the job, 'cause that's when all the pilots are announced and staffs are put together. There are also some other factors at work that we'll just have to wait and see how they go.

What I found interesting was that I kept thinking I was going to be overlooked because of the credits on my resume, when these people chose me because of it. They also seem to understand that I have loftier goals besides being a receptionist, which was refreshing.

As always I will keep you updated.

No comments: