Saturday, February 2, 2008

Did Get Money

I got my first two paychecks today and it felt wonderful:). They weren't that big and I found out that even though checks will be delivered at the end of each week (if you don't drive in to pick them up on Friday then you'll get them either that Saturday or Sunday) they're two weeks behind, so I'm getting my first two days that I worked and next week I'll get the days I worked this week. Fair deal I think. I'm still back to being paid on a weekly basis.

Lovey brought up a very good point in her comment to my last post and I wanted to address the whole half day thing. My coordinator knows I prefer the whole day. He's very considerate of that. He knows I won't work for less than 11 dollars an hour and he tries to get me that or above it and he's been really good about getting my jobs at 12 bucks an hour, including one that was a half day. I've got three whole days of work next week, would have been four but I had to take off a day in order to get my taxes done cause it's not as simple as taking off an hour out here and getting it done on your lunch break so I took off a day and that's my thing.

But, whenever they need to look good, they'll call me and ask even if it is a half day. The two half days were clients they hadn't had in a very long time and it goes a long way that they can deliver someone quickly so in making them look good I've become their go to person for full days preferably and if not then they'll toss me some half day work. Where as the other clients who aren't taking the half days, I'm probably getting first dibs at their full day openings so it's win-win.

And it sure is nice to get a paycheck again. A paycheck from actually WORKING. I feel so much better about myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that they are taking good care of you there!