Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Recyling is Nice But It Doesn't Pay the Bills

I'm on day two of what I fear will become a non-work week. There's nothing doin' for today on the good temp agency front, so I called the not so good agency front and even they don't seem to have anything for the rest of the week. Damn.

Though I can't say I'm surprised. When I started temping it was raining biblically and quite a few people were probably calling in sick as to not have to deal with the traffic, and it was also mid/late January, when people really were getting sick. I filled in a lot for people who had the flu.

Now, the temperature's getting back up into the 70s, and not just during the day. These past few days it's gotten so warm at night I've had to bring out the window fan again. With the weather nice fewer people will be getting sick, and thus fewer jobs for me to fill in. It sucks but thus is the life of the temp. I've had two and a half weeks of up, I guess this is my down time.

In my down time I decided to finally take out my recycling to the local recycling center. It's one where you can put the bottles and cans into this little machine which counts them up for you. I had one hellavu time getting my plastic bottles to go in, the machine is very picky about exactly how you put in the bottles and some of them it kept rejecting and sending back until I finessed the bottle inside just right.

For my troubles, and my bottles and cans, I got exactly three dollars and forty-five cents. There was nothing that I could do with that except put it into my X-Men piggy bank.

Yes, I have an X-Men piggy bank. Don't laugh.

No comments: