Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Showdown

Tomorrow is an important day. Not only is it my dad's birthday, but it's also the day that hotel reservations for this year's Comic-con open.

Why is this significant? Because as years have gone on it's become damn hard to get hotel reservations not only through Comic-Con's discount website, but also through Hotels.com (which lists all the hotels on Comic-con's web site as already being sold out) and, as I found out just now, by calling the hotels directly.

It's become a mad house to say the least, and, if like last year, American Idol is also there at the same time I might be screwed out of a hotel. Last year I didn't get the one I wanted and ended up staying at a hotel that was almost half a mile away from the trolley station and was the worst stay at a hotel I've ever had (even though I was given a discount) and left me with bed bug bites all over my face and body. Let's just say that if it comes down to giving this hotel my money again this year, I might not be going to Comic-Con. Or else, I'll sleep in my car.

Wish me luck, the reservations open at 9am my time and I'll be working. Do you think that I can be fired for not answering phone calls because I'm busy trying to reserve a room?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's warm season, you should camp out. It would be cool