Friday, February 15, 2008

Gainfully Employed

Faithful readers, you are reading the words of a now semi-fully employed blogger.

Though my awesome temp agency I now have an "open ended" assignment, meaning that there's no end date to my employment. Well, I take that back, there is an end date and that date is when they ask me to stay on permanently. Once that happens I must decline and go back to the touch and go temping, because my heart lies in being a writer and seeing as I've had some success with that I'm going to stick with it.

But, for now, there will be no more waiting for people to call to tell me where to go. As of Wednesday I will be going to the same place for the next few weeks, or, like I said, until they ask me to stay permanently, AND they pay well.

On top of all this, Tuesday I will be back at that one place that paid so super well and I didn't do a damn thing all day. Will lightening strike twice? I doubt it. I figure Karma will get me this time around and actually give me something to do, but that's cool cause I'll just make up for the first time.

It's a cool, internet based company and my basic job will be to make sure shit gets done and to make sure all the office supplies aren't being pilfered so much that the company goes bankrupt ordering Kleenex tissues. And to answer some phones and such, when necessary. Nothing I haven't done before (aside from keeping people from taking office shit, usually I'm the one pilfering Post-It notes, Kleenex and other shit I don't need but it sates the klepto in me).

Here's to employment!

No comments: